Frontosa.com

Frontosa.com is dedicated to the discussion and husbandry of African Cichlids especially the Frontosa/Gibberosa species.
It is currently Mon May 01, 2017 5:20 am

Style Select

Green = Released
Orange = Beta Theme
Gray = Pre-beta Theme
Red = New Pre-beta Team
Current Style

fisubice

You must be logged in to use the Styles Changer

We are a free and open
community, all are welcome.

Click here to Register
Online Users

In total there are 32 users online :: 3 registered, 0 hidden and 29 guests

Most users ever online was 119 on Sat Aug 18, 2012 12:57 am

Registered users: Google [Bot], Majestic-12 [Bot], Yahoo [Bot] based on users active over the past 10 minutes

Search

This banner is placed in support of my children and their band "Half8n"
May all their hopes and dreams come true.
Help me out! Just click play, Really its 10 minutes of your life... Can you think of 10 minutes you have wasted doing even less?

Stop by and check out their website at http://www.half8n.com
Thank you, Allen
Post a new topic Post a reply 
Page 1 of 1      [ 3 posts ] Next topic { BOTTOM } Who posted Bookmark topic Previous topic
Go to page    
 Post subject: egg thieves
PostPosted: Fri Nov 18, 2016 10:41 pm 
Veteran Member

i was just checking up on all of my tanks and seeing how everyone's doing when i noticed my alpha male kig and one of his girls swimming graceful circles around each other. i was very excited to finally see some spawning out of this group again as it has been quite a while since i got any fry from them. i was quickly horrified when the female released a couple eggs and one of my female calvus and a couple clown loaches darted in and devoured them. i guess i figured out why i haven't got any fry in a while. i immediately ran and got nets and got the clowns out of there and put them in my tropheus tank and then isolated the guilty calvus in a breeder box. the fronts are dancing and circling again. hopefully she didn't drop too many eggs before i could intervene. i also just noticed a smaller female with a tube down as well. i guess i'll just have to wait and see what happens next. very frustrating. i'm currently cycling 6 more tanks. one of which is going to be for the calvus. hopefully i can spawn them as well. and if not at least they won't be eating any more front eggs.

Fri Nov 18, 2016 10:41 pm
Gender place holder
 Post subject: Re: egg thieves
PostPosted: Tue Nov 22, 2016 11:04 pm 
Veteran Member

Sounds like you have discovered the source of no fry from that group!! I guess that is a good reason to have fronts only in a tank

:moba :moba :moba :mpimbwe :mpimbwe

Tue Nov 22, 2016 11:04 pm
Gender place holder
 Post subject: Re: egg thieves
PostPosted: Sun Nov 27, 2016 12:53 pm 
Veteran Member

yeah. the female who got her eggs stolen is now gulping air bubbles from my sponge filter. if she keeps it up i'm going to have to do the old tank jail. the second female spawned and had a big mouthful but only held 48 hours. kind of a bummer but at least they're spawning and learning now. i hope one of them gets it right soon........and i hope my mobas spawn again soon too. i've only had the one successful spawn from them about a year ago. only had 1 spawn since but she spit the eggs as soon as she saw the net and they got gobbled up by the other fronts before i could retrieve them. very frustrating..

Sun Nov 27, 2016 12:53 pm
Gender place holder
Page 1 of 1      [ 3 posts ] Next topic Top Who posted Bookmark topic Previous topic
Go to page    
Post a new topic Post a reply