Frontosa.com

Frontosa.com is dedicated to the discussion and husbandry of African Cichlids especially the Frontosa/Gibberosa species.
It is currently Mon Jan 22, 2018 8:46 pm

Style Select

Green = Released
Orange = Beta Theme
Gray = Pre-beta Theme
Red = New Pre-beta Team
Current Style

fisubice

You must be logged in to use the Styles Changer

We are a free and open
community, all are welcome.

Click here to Register
Online Users

In total there are 7 users online :: 1 registered, 0 hidden and 6 guests

Most users ever online was 119 on Sat Aug 18, 2012 12:57 am

Registered users: Yahoo [Bot] based on users active over the past 10 minutes

Recent Topics
Hello~!
by: iandraco
Sun Jan 21, 2018 7:21 am
View latest reply...

Intro
by: iandraco
Thu Jan 11, 2018 4:26 pm
View latest reply...

Male or Female, Need...
by: Filip Gorgiovski
Thu Dec 28, 2017 1:24 pm
View latest reply...

substrait accumulati...
by: insite
Mon Dec 18, 2017 1:51 pm
View latest reply...

Intro
by: Allen
Wed Dec 06, 2017 11:43 pm
View latest reply...

WTB
by: Barnacle Joe
Wed Dec 06, 2017 1:43 am
View latest reply...

We are back
by: Allen
Wed Nov 22, 2017 2:31 am
View latest reply...

show and tell..........
by: Simard
Sun Oct 08, 2017 11:47 am
View latest reply...

Intro
by: sham
Mon Sep 18, 2017 12:22 am
View latest reply...

May 2010 Best Fronto...
by: Reisch
Wed Aug 16, 2017 1:34 pm
View latest reply...

Clown Loaches Fin ni...
by: peteralan
Sat Jul 29, 2017 1:47 pm
View latest reply...

Frontosa with floati...
by: manfred
Sun Jul 23, 2017 4:33 pm
View latest reply...

Your Fish in Your Sh...
by: peteralan
Mon Jul 17, 2017 9:20 am
View latest reply...

Old heifers.........
by: Bwana Makuba
Mon Jul 17, 2017 7:20 am
View latest reply...

why wild caught over...
by: Bwana Makuba
Sun Jul 16, 2017 9:02 pm
View latest reply...

Search

This banner is placed in support of my children and their band "Half8n"
May all their hopes and dreams come true.
Help me out! Just click play, Really its 10 minutes of your life... Can you think of 10 minutes you have wasted doing even less?

Stop by and check out their website at http://www.half8n.com
Thank you, Allen
Post a new topic Post a reply 
Page 4 of 5      [ 67 posts ] Next topic { BOTTOM } Who posted Bookmark topic Previous topic
Go to page  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  

Who is our May 2010 Fish Towel Winner?
Poll ended at Tue Jun 01, 2010 9:30 am
1 2%  2%  [ 1 ]
2 5%  5%  [ 3 ]
3 2%  2%  [ 1 ]
4 9%  9%  [ 5 ]
5 7%  7%  [ 4 ]
Disqualified 24%  24%  [ 13 ]
Disqualified 27%  27%  [ 15 ]
8 11%  11%  [ 6 ]
9 13%  13%  [ 7 ]
Total votes : 55
 Post subject: Re: May 2010 Best Frontosa Photo Contest
PostPosted: Fri Jun 11, 2010 6:25 pm 

Moba_Delight";p="37485 wrote:
bobo242";p="37484 wrote:
Moba_Delight";p="37482 wrote:
Whats the sense of having contests if there's no prizes sent out to the winners ????

I consider this contest as interesting enriching of the frontosa keeping and not real fight for prize (towel). I think this is not about cheating or wrangling. I am sorry that such things happen here and hope that all other potential cheaters will turn off their "great" ideas and all winners get their towels.

You can consider anything that you want that the contest is enrichening or whatever, in my book when you promise something for someone you should follow through with it or your word isn't worth anything .If you can't supply the promise/prize then don't offer it bottom line

I am not arguing with you, read what I say.."I hope..all winners get their towels". :roll:

Fri Jun 11, 2010 6:25 pm
Gender place holder
PostPosted: Fri Jun 11, 2010 6:25 pm 

Here's mine if ya'll still voting. If not it's cool. BTW I'm still trying to ID them. Lol

Last edited by Frontosarookie on Fri Jun 11, 2010 6:32 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Fri Jun 11, 2010 6:25 pm
Gender place holder
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 11, 2010 6:26 pm 

why are you so mad Moba ... why are you so worried about a stolen picture ... the fact is the picture was copy and pasted ... and as far as removing the tumbnail i really doubt the "owner" of the picture would be upset ... i am pretty sure he would probably understand ... and i assure you he is extremely proud of that beautiful fish.. that said ... i would enter the contest with no prize ... i am an artist and i am on a couple of art sites that has best picture contest with, get this .... no prize... and you know what ... we all enter because it fun ... perhaps ... we should send the towel ... seeing how this almighty towel seems to be very important... to the owner of that picture ... there problem solved ... can i ask you something MOba ... why are you so concerned about this ... you are new to our family ... yet you are so worried about this so called "theif"... if you just "cruise through the site not paying much attention i find it highly suspect that you discover this horrible crime... and then you have never made a post or entered our contest and you are outrage ... that we would allow this kind of thing to goon ...something just doen't add up ...i tell you what ... why don't you shoot me over a PM of the owner of that picture and i ( only being just amember of this website with no offical ties) will inform the owner that his picture was looked at and there is still a small little 2" thumbnail still on the site of theifs ... yes .. then and only then can justice truely be served .... has anyone else noticed something doesn't quite add up with Moba_Delight ...

Fri Jun 11, 2010 6:26 pm
Gender place holder
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 11, 2010 6:38 pm 
Veteran Member

I think its best if this whole thing is just laid to rest and put down to experience. We can do without petty arguments on this site. If wrong has been done, then Allen can deal with it. I think it would be a good idea to scrap this months comp entirely and have a re run, as we now have a winner for the calendar which has received less than 10 votes, which doesn't seem right.

Fri Jun 11, 2010 6:38 pm
Gender place holder
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 11, 2010 6:39 pm 

Revrend";p="37489 wrote:
why are you so mad Moba ... why are you so worried about a stolen picture ... the fact is the picture was copy and pasted ... and as far as removing the tumbnail i really doubt the "owner" of the picture would be upset ... i am pretty sure he would probably understand ... and i assure you he is extremely proud of that beautiful fish.. that said ... i would enter the contest with no prize ... i am an artist and i am on a couple of art sites that has best picture contest with, get this .... no prize... and you know what ... we all enter because it fun ... perhaps ... we should send the towel ... seeing how this almighty towel seems to be very important... to the owner of that picture ... there problem solved ... can i ask you something MOba ... why are you so concerned about this ... you are new to our family ... yet you are so worried about this so called "theif"... if you just "cruise through the site not paying much attention i find it highly suspect that you discover this horrible crime... and then you have never made a post or entered our contest and you are outrage ... that we would allow this kind of thing to goon ...something just doen't add up ...i tell you what ... why don't you shoot me over a PM of the owner of that picture and i ( only being just amember of this website with no offical ties) will inform the owner that his picture was looked at and there is still a small little 2" thumbnail still on the site of theifs ... yes .. then and only then can justice truely be served .... has anyone else noticed something doesn't quite add up with Moba_Delight ...

You can say whatever you like and I hope that it doesn't get sensored as long as its clean

You can say that things don't add up and start accusasions about myself. It's just about my opinion and thought's why should someone take credit for something that doesn't belong to them ??? And to boot it becomes the contest winner to be paraded on the homepage of Frontosa.com .Now if you owned that picture how would you feel like ??? It might be just a picture to some people, and some people might think its just a fish .Though on the other hand I know for sure there are tons of people that take huge pride in their fish .Do you actually think the owner of another website would be happy about their own pictures being paraded on someone elses webpage ??? Hopefully the mods/admins/owners don't sensor that otherwise this post isn't worth anything and then sensorship here is redicolous

NOTE from Allen: Censorship is my option. Ford does not put advertisements up for Chevy...

Fri Jun 11, 2010 6:39 pm
Gender place holder
PostPosted: Fri Jun 11, 2010 7:32 pm 
Administrator

Moba_Delight";p="37485 wrote:
bobo242";p="37484 wrote:
Moba_Delight";p="37482 wrote:
Whats the sense of having contests if there's no prizes sent out to the winners ????

I consider this contest as interesting enriching of the frontosa keeping and not real fight for prize (towel). I think this is not about cheating or wrangling. I am sorry that such things happen here and hope that all other potential cheaters will turn off their "great" ideas and all winners get their towels.

You can consider anything that you want that the contest is enrichening or whatever, in my book when you promise something for someone you should follow through with it or your word isn't worth anything .If you can't supply the promise/prize then don't offer it bottom line

Contest Prizes are sent out 2-3 times a year. This website is not a business, this is an extension of "my" hobby. If you cant handle the way this website is run then you should go elsewhere. Honestly this is supposed to be fun.

If your "Friend" did not receive his prize then he should have contacted me directly and asked about it. Coming to this website and flaming me over your "friend" is a good way to get your self banned.

Regarding the photo, I have been in contact with the owner of the photo in question and he is not upset with me about his photo being used. Unless your the owner in disguise you have no claim to this photo.

There are some similarities here

viewtopic.php?t=1722

Fri Jun 11, 2010 7:32 pm
Gender place holder
PostPosted: Fri Jun 11, 2010 8:23 pm 
Veteran Member

Think this is really sad... :(

That people are willing to use the monthly contest to damage the image of frontosa.com.

All this can't be about an (very nice) towel.
Think there is a lot of frustration behind all this.

If one thing is for sure is that the contest is fair.
Not that many dutch people on this side but still i won the contest.

Just want to say that i have much respect for the people who put so much of their free time into the contest and this site.
They have given front lovers all over the world a wonderfull home.

Last edited by Forestcat on Fri Jun 11, 2010 9:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Fri Jun 11, 2010 8:23 pm
Gender place holder
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 11, 2010 8:53 pm 

i think he would understand i at least think he should unerstand .... and if he didn't then he should stop putting his pictures up with a protect where you can not copy and post the fact is there is a ton of pictures of Fronts and Gibbs out there ... andif someonr steals on and trys to pass it off ... well if they get caught they are banned for life ... not much more you can do ... i know when i submit a picture they are my beauties... and BTW Moba,i take an icredible amount of pride in my babies ... however when i post a pic on here i know it is with NO protection ... so if i happened across my picture in a contest or that won a contest on another page ... i would quitely inform the moderator of that page he had been duped and i would ask him to correct it and give me credit or remove it .. either way i wouldnt try to advertise my or my friends website on anothers ... bad form

Fri Jun 11, 2010 8:53 pm
Gender place holder
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 11, 2010 9:02 pm 
Veteran Member

There is always going to be someone that complains and feels that they are not treated fairly. Many times I have heard people complain about other websites far worst than this complaint and very seldom do I here anything negative about Frontosa.com

It's a shame that people have to complain about a good thing. This website is for fun and to help others in the hobby and if this is the only thing that someone can complain about then I think the Admin is doing a pretty #### good job.

Keep up the good work guys.

Fri Jun 11, 2010 9:02 pm
Gender place holder
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 11, 2010 9:27 pm 
Veteran Member

Real shame about the problems with contest last month, and with attitude problems of some Jr Members. There are plenty of forums on the net, if you don't like the way things are done here then don't use it. Allen puts a huge amount of time into keeping this site going, so a little more respect and gratitude please.

Fri Jun 11, 2010 9:27 pm
Gender place holder
PostPosted: Fri Jun 11, 2010 10:03 pm 
Associate Admin

Wow, this is really sad, this contest is for fun and peolple still complains and cheats.
The towel has sentimental value(no cash value) and if you are using someone elses photo to enter to the contest I consider like, you just cheating yourself. Just buy a towel from wallmart. It doesn't make sense!

Forestcat";p="37495 wrote:

That people are willing to use the monthly contest to damage the image of frontosa.com.

I agree, it make sense.

WATCH YOUR HABITS, THEY BECOME CHARACTER.
WATCH YOUR CHARACTER, IT BECOMES YOUR DESTINY.

Fri Jun 11, 2010 10:03 pm
Gender place holder
PostPosted: Fri Jun 11, 2010 10:26 pm 

Moba_Delight, do us all a favor, and leave it be, Allen has removed the picture, case solved.

I cant help wondering, why so upset Moba_Delight.. did you cheat yourself sometime or is this your picture used and your hiding behind the name?
Something is not right about this... Allen, if i where you, i would ban him for talking like that about this site, nothing contructive comming from him, only nagging over all and nothing.

I think you guys are doing a great job on this site, even though its your spare time used! Thank you for this, as many of us enjoy the community.
That said.. Keep up the good work, and lets help eachother along with the hobby of Frontosa's.

/cheers

Fri Jun 11, 2010 10:26 pm
Gender place holder
PostPosted: Sat Jun 12, 2010 9:39 am 

Well im a jr. member to this site but I dont think there should be any disrespect to the owner or other members cause I would not want to be disrepected myself. I do know who the real owner of that pic is now cause I came across it and many other pics in a set of photos that they took of their front. Sorry for throwin my 2 cents in. You win some and you lose some.

Chris,

Sat Jun 12, 2010 9:39 am
Gender place holder
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jun 12, 2010 10:26 am 
Dedicated Member

Moba Delight, it's just a towel. Something as insignificant as this got your panties in a knot. Imagine what the owner of this site has to deal with to just run this site. And you want to ******** and moan about some towel? Common, get a life.

Burundi

Sat Jun 12, 2010 10:26 am
Gender place holder
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jun 12, 2010 8:20 pm 

ok this is my last post on the subject ... i think everyone is missing the point it isn't nor was it ever about the towel ...it is about advertising ... and trying to show up allen .. lets just let this drop ... look if i ever win this contest ... i would be stoke to have a twel .. yea it is just a towel ... howevre i woul use it proudly evertime i did a water change on one of my 5 tank ... however if allen suddenly said hey no towels left i would stillenter because i like to show off my fish ... if you haven't figured out yet ... Moba_delight ..was the so called theif dragonsake. he purposly posted a picture of a fish that wasn't his so he could slander this website ... that is the short of it ... with that ... lets please move on ...

FadetoBlack - thanks for being a junior member ... this site has bee wonderful for me ... i have only been a member fo 6 months and no one i repeat NO ONE has ever disrespected me.. so enjoy this site

Sat Jun 12, 2010 8:20 pm
Gender place holder
Page 4 of 5      [ 67 posts ] Next topic Top Who posted Bookmark topic Previous topic
Go to page  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  
Post a new topic Post a reply